I am a survivor of extremely severe ritualistic childhood abuse and sadistic systematic torture. Without God's intervention in my life I wouldn't be here - NOW is the time for me to tell MY story by speaking the TRUTH about MY life. I will be silenced no more! On this blog I share MY life, MY healing journey; helpful quotes/stuff I come across and MY thoughts along the way. The more I speak out the more liberated I am from the shame and trauma of the abuse. My broken wings are gradually being restored. This blog has helped me begin to get my voice back and documents the journey God is taking me on to heal me from the trauma and damage caused by that most appalling abuse.

Saturday, 16 August 2008

THE INTERVIEW WITH GOD


I dreamt that I had an interview with God,

So, would you like to interview me?" God asked.

"If you have the time", I said.

God smiled, and said:

" My time is eternity… What questions do you have in mind for me?"

I asked:" What surprises you most about mankind?"


God answered:

" That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again.
That they lose their health to make money . . . . and then lose their money to restore their health.
That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget that they live in neither the present nor the future.
That they live as if they will never die, and die as if they had never lived."

God's hand took mine, we were silent for awhile, and then I asked: "As a parent, what are some of life's lessons you want your children to learn?"

God answered:

"To learn that they cannot make anyone love them, all they can do is let themselves be loved.
To learn that it is not good to compare themselves to others.
To learn to forgive by practicing forgiveness.
To learn that it only takes a few seconds to open profound wounds in those they love, and it can take many years to heal them.
To learn that a rich person is not the one who has most, but is the one who needs the least.
To learn that there are people who love them dearly, but simply do not know how to express or show their feelings.
To learn that two people can look at the same thing, and see it differently.
To learn that it is not enough to forgive one another, but they must also learn to forgive themselves."


"Thank you for your time" I said humbly. "Is there anything else you want your children to know?"

God smiled and said: "Just to know that I am here." "Always"


Taken From : www.theinterviewwithgod.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Be still and know that I am God" is what He is saying in the end. Just to be still, and bask in His presence, and let Him work 'all things together for good to those that love Him and are called according to His purpose'.

Love and blessings,
Ree "SCalifBattleCry"