I am a survivor of extremely severe ritualistic childhood abuse and sadistic systematic torture. Without God's intervention in my life I wouldn't be here - NOW is the time for me to tell MY story by speaking the TRUTH about MY life. I will be silenced no more! On this blog I share MY life, MY healing journey; helpful quotes/stuff I come across and MY thoughts along the way. The more I speak out the more liberated I am from the shame and trauma of the abuse. My broken wings are gradually being restored. This blog has helped me begin to get my voice back and documents the journey God is taking me on to heal me from the trauma and damage caused by that most appalling abuse.

Thursday, 3 December 2009

Be Who You Are and Never Give Up On MY Promises

I came across the following quote in a devotion that I have delivered to my inbox daily. I so heard the heart of my Daddy in it that I just had to share it. It also confirmed many things that God has said to me over the last few months. I love the way HE speaks in such a clearly affirming way. HE knows I need to keep hearing that I am the apple of HIS eye and precious to HIM. The more I hear it the more I begin to believe it and the truth of that sinks a little further in and brings another layer of healing and security. Most important of all is that HE is HIS word and cannot lie, HIS word is truth. Having been exposed to so many lies throughout my life I’ve always found it difficult to distinguish truth from lie. There has been such a work of healing in my life that I am finally able to take God at HIS word and trust HIM to speak truth to me. In this quote HE reaffirms the truth of HIS word and that it can be relied upon completely. HE always knows what needs to be said and how and the right timing for it too.



Be who you are. It is good enough. The enemy of your soul has been lying to you again, telling you false information about who you are. He says you are just a fallen earthbound being, worth nothing but death and destruction. He says you are a loser with no hope whatsoever. His arguments are convincing and so very easy to believe. But faith in the one true God comes along and shows you HIS word of truth about you. You are magnificent, marvellous and made in the image of your Maker. You are just like HIM, righteous, glorious, victorious and full of love and grace. This God can neither lie nor can HE break the promises of HIS Scripture.
Never, never, never, give up on the promise I made to you. Yes it is all right to ask ME about it. I know this is not doubt from you. I understand your heart, and you just want to be sure you heard ME correctly. Yes you were and are accurate in your hearing, but the promise will not manifest the way you now think it will. I update your understanding as you continue to believe and as time passes, but nevertheless it will come to pass as I have said. MY promises are always better in the long run than you have imagined. You are the apple of MY eye
.”


2 Corinthians 1:20-22 “For as many as are the promises of God, in Him they are yes; therefore also through Him is our Amen to the glory of God through us. Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and anointed us in God, who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge"

No comments: