I am a survivor of extremely severe ritualistic childhood abuse and sadistic systematic torture. Without God's intervention in my life I wouldn't be here - NOW is the time for me to tell MY story by speaking the TRUTH about MY life. I will be silenced no more! On this blog I share MY life, MY healing journey; helpful quotes/stuff I come across and MY thoughts along the way. The more I speak out the more liberated I am from the shame and trauma of the abuse. My broken wings are gradually being restored. This blog has helped me begin to get my voice back and documents the journey God is taking me on to heal me from the trauma and damage caused by that most appalling abuse.

Tuesday, 26 January 2010

You Are The One In Whom I Delight

I read the following in a devotional email this morning, and it just touched and encouraged me so much I had to share it.

“The Lord says, take time to delight yourself in ME. Remember the good blessings I have brought to you. Bring to mind the times I have saved you from harm. You certainly recall MY forgiveness and grace upon grace? I tell you, let your heart overflow with thanksgiving and praise. I delight in those who delight in ME. You bring a smile to MY face even when thinking of your name. Last night I sang over you as you slept. MY angels were on duty and positioned to bind the devil from you and to loose the Holy Spirit to empower, lead and direct you. You are the one in whom I delight. Never doubt.

You feel like I am far away. You wonder if I care you are hurting. How you feel and what the truth is, are two different things. No matter how you feel, talk to ME. Get beyond your emotions. Act like you believe. Your actions will propel you beyond your emotions. I know everything going on in your life, and also in the lives of the others you are relating to. I am here, I care, and I can handle your situation. Continue acting in obedience and your emotions will line up with your actions. You will see MY power, MY nearness, MY care for you.

Many are being blessed by you, and you have no idea how much it is happening. You are living your life before people with simplicity, joy and obedience, with no thought of being observed by anyone. But you are being watched and this is very good, because you are a good disciple and many are learning. You know you aren't perfect and freely share your shortcomings.

I am always with you but you are not always aware of it, because you get caught up in what is happening around you. You can know about MY presence with your mind, but not really know with a knowing that produces results. It is through revelation that MY presence manifests. I know and work in your heart, with your trust, with your passion. These things go beyond your mind. Your mind knows about ME. Your heart trusts in ME. I have given you a new heart not one of stone but one of flesh, one which easily receives MY ways. Don't remain in your mind, receive with your heart. Keep your mind and emotions on ME and the freedom I have given you. Be consumed with ME.

There is no room in your life for fear. No one has ever been more secure and protected than you. MY eternal covenant extended to you and your rebirth puts all MY power at your disposal. Your enemies have become MY enemies, your battles MY battles. Why then should you ever worry about your circumstances? Most of the battles going on are beyond your seeing because I am working in realms supernatural that you are only beginning to see and enter. That is where the battles reside for the most part, beyond your, soulish, fleshly senses.

I am at peace so that you can be at peace. You are not to worry about your enemies. They belong to ME. I will do with them as I please and make a spectacle of them as I bring MY judgement upon them. I am not far away in your time of trouble. Draw near to ME and receive my counsel in your ear and in your spirit. You are learning so fast the ways of the Lord. This means quick success and victories when the battles come and come they will. Be not discouraged nor down hearted. I am on your side.”

No comments: