I am a survivor of extremely severe ritualistic childhood abuse and sadistic systematic torture. Without God's intervention in my life I wouldn't be here - NOW is the time for me to tell MY story by speaking the TRUTH about MY life. I will be silenced no more! On this blog I share MY life, MY healing journey; helpful quotes/stuff I come across and MY thoughts along the way. The more I speak out the more liberated I am from the shame and trauma of the abuse. My broken wings are gradually being restored. This blog has helped me begin to get my voice back and documents the journey God is taking me on to heal me from the trauma and damage caused by that most appalling abuse.

Sunday, 23 May 2010

A COUPLE OF QUOTES

I came across these two quotes earlier today and thought, yep they need to go on my blog.

Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore
” Andre Gide


Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen
” Winston Churchill

I would add too that it takes courage to stay alive; it takes courage to live with all this stuff; it takes courage to tell the truth as it was and it takes courage to find a way through it. Sometimes I feel the fear and just have to feel the fear and do it afraid!!!

and here's another quote that caught my eye -

“I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”
Jimmy Dean

2 comments:

Eve said...

Thank you for this inspiration today. And I have to agree with you, it is courageous to stay alive. Keep up the healing work Fiona. I was studying John 5 with a friend the other night and we were struck by how interesting it was that JESUS was the one who healed the man at the pool. He made excuses and stayed unhealed for 38 years, but JESUS just did it. Glad to know that HE knows the right time for us even if we think we are not ready. love to you today from Minnesota:)

PRINCESS FI said...

many thanks, I so appreciate your comments,:) love to you from the UK!!