I am a survivor of extremely severe ritualistic childhood abuse and sadistic systematic torture. Without God's intervention in my life I wouldn't be here - NOW is the time for me to tell MY story by speaking the TRUTH about MY life. I will be silenced no more! On this blog I share MY life, MY healing journey; helpful quotes/stuff I come across and MY thoughts along the way. The more I speak out the more liberated I am from the shame and trauma of the abuse. My broken wings are gradually being restored. This blog has helped me begin to get my voice back and documents the journey God is taking me on to heal me from the trauma and damage caused by that most appalling abuse.

Saturday, 22 May 2010

HE HAS ENLARGED MY STEPS

HE has enlarged my steps under me so that my feet have not slipped

2 Samuel 22:37


As I was reading that scripture today I had a picture which brought the verse to life for me.

In the picture I saw myself walking behind Jesus. We were climbing up a steep and rocky mountain path, the kind of path that it’s so easy to slip and turn an ankle on. I watched as I followed HIM up along the pathway.

I noticed that each step I took as I climbed I was stepping into the impressions that HIS footsteps left. HIS footsteps were much bigger than mine. As my feet were so much smaller than HIS they fitted into HIS bigger footsteps and were protected from slipping and turning on the steep ground by the greater depth as well as length and breadth of HIS footsteps.

Wow, what a revelation and what reassurance that brought to my heart!!!

1 comment:

Eve said...

A beautiful revelation indeed!