I am a survivor of extremely severe ritualistic childhood abuse and sadistic systematic torture. Without God's intervention in my life I wouldn't be here - NOW is the time for me to tell MY story by speaking the TRUTH about MY life. I will be silenced no more! On this blog I share MY life, MY healing journey; helpful quotes/stuff I come across and MY thoughts along the way. The more I speak out the more liberated I am from the shame and trauma of the abuse. My broken wings are gradually being restored. This blog has helped me begin to get my voice back and documents the journey God is taking me on to heal me from the trauma and damage caused by that most appalling abuse.

Saturday, 10 July 2010

COMPASSION

What follow are some quotes on compassion which caught my eye.

My thoughts on compassion are compassion is what always motivated Jesus in HIS interactions with people when HE walked on this earth. It is compassion which continues to motivate Jesus in HIS expressions of love and understanding towards me and in HIS work to bring healing to my life. It is always with compassion that Jesus reaches out in love. HIS compassion is the most incredible thing that you will ever feel. Just one glance into HIS eyes and HIS compassion reaches deep inside me and enables me to respond to HIM. Jesus is reaching out to you and to me with the most incredible compassion that in trying to describe it I run out of words. So, take a moment and glance towards HIM and allow HIS compassion to reach into those deepest darkest places inside of you and bring you hope.

Compassion is the keen awareness of the interdependence of all things - Thomas Merton

Compassion is the ultimate and most meaningful embodiment of emotional maturity. It is through compassion that a person achieves the highest peak and deepest reach in his or her search for self-fulfilment - Arthur Jersild

Compassion is not sentiment but is making justice and doing works of mercy. Compassion is not a moral commandment but a flow and overflow of the fullest human and divine energies - Matthew Fox

The whole purpose of religion is to facilitate love and compassion, patience, tolerance, humility, forgiveness - H.H. the Dalai Lama

Always treat others as you'd like to be treated yourself ... Don't do to others what you would not like them to do to you -Karen Armstrong charterforcompassion.org

1 comment:

Eve said...

I especially like Matthew Fox and the dali lamas!
great post
!