I am a survivor of extremely severe ritualistic childhood abuse and sadistic systematic torture. Without God's intervention in my life I wouldn't be here - NOW is the time for me to tell MY story by speaking the TRUTH about MY life. I will be silenced no more! On this blog I share MY life, MY healing journey; helpful quotes/stuff I come across and MY thoughts along the way. The more I speak out the more liberated I am from the shame and trauma of the abuse. My broken wings are gradually being restored. This blog has helped me begin to get my voice back and documents the journey God is taking me on to heal me from the trauma and damage caused by that most appalling abuse.

Sunday, 15 August 2010

The Devastation of Incest

I came across the following quote and just had to borrow it and share it here.

I read this and thought WOW, THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT WAS LIKE.

The only thing I would add is that as well as not feeling safe in my own bed I did not feel safe in my own home either.

Anyway, here comes the quote:-

"The devastation of incest is powerful because it is set within a constellation of family emotions and conflicts. For the child, there is no stranger to run from, no home to run to. The child cannot feel safe in their own bed. The victim must learn to live with it."


- Susan Forward: Betrayal of Incest, Borrowed from "Overcoming Sexual Abuse"

3 comments:

Patricia Singleton said...

As an incest survivor, this quote definitely describes life for me as a child. Thanks for sharing this quote. I read Susan's book many years ago.

Ksenia Oustiougova said...

Yes, I am still not feeling safe in my house or in my bed - and I am an incest survivor too - thanks for sharing this quote.

PRINCESS FI said...

Hi Ksenia, welcome and thanks for your comment, yes it was one of those quotes that the moment I saw it, I knew it was a powerful and accurate one!!