I am a survivor of extremely severe ritualistic childhood abuse and sadistic systematic torture. Without God's intervention in my life I wouldn't be here - NOW is the time for me to tell MY story by speaking the TRUTH about MY life. I will be silenced no more! On this blog I share MY life, MY healing journey; helpful quotes/stuff I come across and MY thoughts along the way. The more I speak out the more liberated I am from the shame and trauma of the abuse. My broken wings are gradually being restored. This blog has helped me begin to get my voice back and documents the journey God is taking me on to heal me from the trauma and damage caused by that most appalling abuse.

Sunday, 1 August 2010

THAT'S EASY

I read this little story this morning. It’s a simple little story but what a wonderful one!! When I read this something deep inside resonated and the simplicity of it released something inside. It touched me so much that I had to share it with you.


On a recent trip to visit the grandkids in the USA, we came upon an advertising campaign for a large office supply chain called Staples. They had adopted the slogan of “That’s Easy” to sell their customer service. It had taken root very well in American society and they were even selling a buzzer type button that audibly spoke “That’s Easy” when depressed.

One of these buzzer buttons made its way into our son’s home one evening through the church home group that was having their weekly meeting there. Our 4-year old grandson, Jacob, was greatly taken with this button and the noise it produced when depressed. As bedtime came, he insisted on taking the button upstairs to his bed with him. As our son Brett, finally settled him into bed and came down to rejoin the home group, we were all in prayer for our needs. As the person praying finished, in perfect timing, came the response from above; ”That’s Easy”.

It brought a good laugh to us and a “thank YOU Jesus” for HIS quick reply. As the next ones prayed in succession we were amazed again and again that at the end of each prayer came the auditory response from above of “That’s Easy”.

We all knew the real operator of the button was Jacob, but marvelled at the truth that although our burdens seem heavy, as we transfer them to Jesus …well for HIM, “That’s Easy” and we find our loads considerably lightened.

It left the impression with me to go quickly with my burdens to Jesus, because at his desk, I will find the “That’s Easy” button. There I can find rest instead of anxiety and burden.

God is waiting to receive your burdens and HIS response of “That’s Easy” is just a second away in reply.


Written by Sharon Bixler for Ellel Ministries International


Come to ME, all you who labour and are heavy-laden and over burdened. I will cause you to rest. I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls. Take MY yoke upon you and learn of ME. I am gentle, meek and humble, lowly in heart. You will find rest, relief, ease, refreshment, blessed quiet for your souls. MY yoke is wholesome, useful, good -- not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant. MY burden is light and easy to be borne. Matthew 11:28-30 (Amplified Bible)

2 comments:

Eve said...

I love this!!!

PRINCESS FI said...

Um so do I, I just love, love, love it, sometimes the simplest things can be the most profound!!! :) :)