I am a survivor of extremely severe ritualistic childhood abuse and sadistic systematic torture. Without God's intervention in my life I wouldn't be here - NOW is the time for me to tell MY story by speaking the TRUTH about MY life. I will be silenced no more! On this blog I share MY life, MY healing journey; helpful quotes/stuff I come across and MY thoughts along the way. The more I speak out the more liberated I am from the shame and trauma of the abuse. My broken wings are gradually being restored. This blog has helped me begin to get my voice back and documents the journey God is taking me on to heal me from the trauma and damage caused by that most appalling abuse.

Tuesday, 26 October 2010

I HAVE SEEN SUFFERING MAKE HEROES OF SOME OF MY CHILDREN, Desmond Tutu

I HAVE SEEN SUFFERING MAKE HEROES OF SOME OF MY CHILDREN

The strength with which they endure their pain is a shining example to all

But sometimes, child, suffering is only suffering

It seems gratuitous, it feels meaningless, it teaches nothing, it brings no gifts

IT JUST IS

It just is and you feel alone, abandoned, forsaken

YOU THINK I HAVE GONE SO YOU RUN

Your mind skitters away from the heart, your body shrinks away from the pain, your heart tries to shut itself against the suffering

I SEE YOU RUN

You don’t believe that I am with you

BUT I AM THERE

When you stop running from the pain and turn to face it, when you can step into the agony and let it be, when you can turn to your own suffering and know its name

THEN YOU WILL SEE ME

YOU WILL SEE ME IN THE HEART OF IT WITH YOU

It doesn’t matter if your body is wracked by pain or your mind is spiralling through aches and anguish

When you stop running you will see me

I WILL NOT FORSAKE YOU, I CANNOT ABANDON YOU

YOU ARE NOT ALONE, I AM WITH YOU


Desmond Tutu; "Made for Goodness"

No comments: