I am a survivor of extremely severe ritualistic childhood abuse and sadistic systematic torture. Without God's intervention in my life I wouldn't be here - NOW is the time for me to tell MY story by speaking the TRUTH about MY life. I will be silenced no more! On this blog I share MY life, MY healing journey; helpful quotes/stuff I come across and MY thoughts along the way. The more I speak out the more liberated I am from the shame and trauma of the abuse. My broken wings are gradually being restored. This blog has helped me begin to get my voice back and documents the journey God is taking me on to heal me from the trauma and damage caused by that most appalling abuse.

Sunday, 10 October 2010

WOW, DID I REALLY WRITE THAT?

I wrote the following comment on the “Emerging from Broken” Blog. When I saw my words quoted by the blog author on their Facebook page and read afresh what I’d written I sat and thought “wow, did I really write that?”

I guess when you’re a writer you write stuff and sometimes don’t realise just what you’ve written and how powerful and impactful it was.

So I decided to quote myself here. Hopefully it will help me to realise that yes I did write that and that is how I really feel underneath all the gunk and trauma that’s going on.

"Now all these years later I'm telling and I'm coming alive inside, and it's an amazing feeling!! There is now hope inside of me instead of despair. There is now light inside me instead of blackness. Yes I'm glad I'm still here - and I never ever thought I'd ever say that!!"

I am very slowly gaining strength, hope and comfort and feeling less alone because of telling on my blog sites and also through being part of the “Emerging From Broken” blog commmunity. I am beginning to dream of one day walking out of the darkness into brighter days. Bright days when the sun isn’t chased away or hidden by the black clouds of my childhood.

1 comment:

Mr Lonely said...

nice blog.. have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...