I am a survivor of extremely severe ritualistic childhood abuse and sadistic systematic torture. Without God's intervention in my life I wouldn't be here - NOW is the time for me to tell MY story by speaking the TRUTH about MY life. I will be silenced no more! On this blog I share MY life, MY healing journey; helpful quotes/stuff I come across and MY thoughts along the way. The more I speak out the more liberated I am from the shame and trauma of the abuse. My broken wings are gradually being restored. This blog has helped me begin to get my voice back and documents the journey God is taking me on to heal me from the trauma and damage caused by that most appalling abuse.

Saturday, 25 June 2011

Letter to Me After Writing Dear Dad Letter

I've published a letter on my autobiographical blog. Last weekend as I navigated father's day I wrote a letter to my father. I've now written a letter back to me in reply to it, as if I was replying as a parent to daughter. Here's a short excerpt from the end of it:-


I’m amazed at your strength. I feel it’s not easy for you to talk and write about this stuff and yet you are slowly, bit by bit, facing it, examining it, discovering the lies you believed from it. As you do so you’re slowly recognising the abuse for what it was and that’s great. Therein too lies your healing.

You’re doing great, you really are. I’m really sorry you were so badly let down by the justice system. But good on you for exposing the truth!! I hope one day you will heal up to the extent where you can feel safe around males. I know it really hurts you that you don’t and why.

I’m very proud of you. You’re doing really well! You’ve come a long way. You’re on your way! There is hope for you! You’re an amazingly strong, honest gutsy woman. Don’t give up, keep on going. Keep on telling the truth. You’re making phenomenal progress. You truly are!! I just want you to know how proud I am of you. You amaze and astound me!!

The rest of the letter can be read at 

2 comments:

Eve said...

Straight from God's heart to yours Fi! This is beautiful!

Princess Fi said...

Gosh and I found it so hard to write this!!