I am a survivor of extremely severe ritualistic childhood abuse and sadistic systematic torture. Without God's intervention in my life I wouldn't be here - NOW is the time for me to tell MY story by speaking the TRUTH about MY life. I will be silenced no more! On this blog I share MY life, MY healing journey; helpful quotes/stuff I come across and MY thoughts along the way. The more I speak out the more liberated I am from the shame and trauma of the abuse. My broken wings are gradually being restored. This blog has helped me begin to get my voice back and documents the journey God is taking me on to heal me from the trauma and damage caused by that most appalling abuse.

Friday, 10 June 2011

USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT DID

Today I came across a really good blog about Dissociative Identity Disorders which includes information about Dissociation, Depersonalisation, Dissociative Fugue, Dissociative Amnesia and Dissociative Identity Disorder [DID], formerly known as Multiple Personality Disorder [MPD] I thought it was so good that I wanted to share it with you. 

Here are some short excerpts from the article:-

Dissociation is a mental process, which produces a lack of connection in a person’s thoughts, memories, feelings, actions, or sense of identity. During a traumatic experience, a person may dissociate the memory of the place and circumstances of the trauma from his/her ongoing memory, resulting in a temporary mental escape from the fear and pain of the trauma and, in some cases, a memory gap surrounding the experience. Because this process can produce changes in memory, people who frequently dissociate often find their senses of personal history and identity are affected.

Depersonalization Persistent or recurrent experiences of feeling detached from, and as if one is an outside observer of, one’s mental processes or body (e.g., feeling like one is in a dream). The depersonalization causes clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.

Dissociative Fugue Dissociative Fugue is one or more episodes of amnesia in which the inability to recall some or all of one’s past and either the loss of one’s identity or the formation of a new identity occur with sudden, unexpected, purposeful travel away from home.

Dissociative Amnesia The predominant disturbance is one or more episodes of inability to recall important personal information, usually of a traumatic or stressful nature, that is too extensive to be explained by ordinary forgetfulness.

Dissociative Identity Disorder The presence of two or more distinct identities or personality states (each with its own relatively enduring pattern of perceiving, relating to, and thinking about the environment and self). At least two of these identities or personality states recurrently take control of the person’s behaviour. Inability to recall important personal information that is too extensive to be explained by ordinary forgetfulness.

The entire article can be read at http://shadowlight8.wordpress.com/

2 comments:

Eve said...

Thank you for posting this. I truly appreciate it and you, Fi:) Love to you today from foggy Minnesota!

Princess Fi said...

Hi Eve, yes I thought it was an excellent article, I really appreciate you too my friend, it's been pouring down here, some very heavy showers around!!