I am a survivor of extremely severe ritualistic childhood abuse and sadistic systematic torture. Without God's intervention in my life I wouldn't be here - NOW is the time for me to tell MY story by speaking the TRUTH about MY life. I will be silenced no more! On this blog I share MY life, MY healing journey; helpful quotes/stuff I come across and MY thoughts along the way. The more I speak out the more liberated I am from the shame and trauma of the abuse. My broken wings are gradually being restored. This blog has helped me begin to get my voice back and documents the journey God is taking me on to heal me from the trauma and damage caused by that most appalling abuse.

Wednesday, 9 May 2012

AN UNEXPECTED AWARD


On Monday 30th April 2012 I was at the Annual General Meeting of the Open Door Project where I do voluntary work on Thursdays. Come June 2012 it will be five years since I started. 

During the evening they announced that they wanted to honour and thank several volunteers for their work and so they began to hand out certificates to several volunteers. 

I was really surprised when at the very end my name was announced and the work I do explained to a roomful of 50+ people before I was publicly thanked and given a Certificate of Appreciation “in recognition of 4-years of valuable contributions to all things Admin”. 

It was totally unexpected and very special. I was delighted. I was also able to hear and receive it in a way that I’ve not been able to before. I was able to see enormous healing in the way in which I was able to respond to the award and receive it. 

There is a part of me that really believes they really meant it when they thanked me and gave me that certificate. 

Although there are other niggles inside me suggesting otherwise, the primary thought and feeling I have is that I am appreciated and they really value my work. And that is a first for me!!

No comments: