I am a survivor of extremely severe ritualistic childhood abuse and sadistic systematic torture. Without God's intervention in my life I wouldn't be here - NOW is the time for me to tell MY story by speaking the TRUTH about MY life. I will be silenced no more! On this blog I share MY life, MY healing journey; helpful quotes/stuff I come across and MY thoughts along the way. The more I speak out the more liberated I am from the shame and trauma of the abuse. My broken wings are gradually being restored. This blog has helped me begin to get my voice back and documents the journey God is taking me on to heal me from the trauma and damage caused by that most appalling abuse.

Thursday, 22 December 2016

SEXUAL ABUSE GROUP THERAPY

It's really nice to have something positive to write about for a change.

After nearly 9-years on the waiting list I have been offered a place in the group therapy which begins in January and will run for 12-weeks to the end of March.

Yay!!!

It feels great to finally be at the brink of doing this therapy, which I have been working towards during the last 5-years of one-to-one work.

This group work is the next logical step in my healing journey. It will be a new phase in my recovery process.

I also know it is going to be hard. I know I don't think I can ever be fully prepared for how hard this therapy may turn out to be. It is a massive step for me to take!

But for now, I'm just thrilled to have accepted the place offered to me and to know that it is going to happen now!!

Scary!!!!
Exciting!!! 
Daunting!!!

No comments: